DIA HART
Thank you for contacting our office.
The Human Assisted Reproductive Technology Act 2004 Section 45 states that duty to ensure that person requesting information is authorised.
You are requesting access to information which we are not authorised to give such information just based on the information you have provided us below. You have to be a registered donor which is now mandatory. Such access can only be given by the Fertility Clinics if you are a registered donor.
Please contact the fertility clinics and you may need to seek some independent legal advice regarding this matter.
Nga Mihi
Louise | Life and Identity Services Officer | Āpiha Ratonga Tuakiri Ora
Births, Deaths, Marriages
The Department of Internal Affairs Te Tari Taiwhenua
Phone: 0800 22 52 52 | PO Box 10526, Wellington 6143 New Zealand
-----Original Message-----
From: David Solt [mailto:davidsolt@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, 30 April 2023 2:04:00 PM
To: bdm nz
Subject: Re: Reporting a possible crime (CID:xycywkkwcnllnbnykk)
Hi Jessie Dromgool,
I have some more information that may be useful.
My wife, Amanda (mother of Lily Emily Natalie Solt), went on holiday early last year (April?), around the time she became pregnant.
Shortly before the holiday, she used an at home pregnancy test. It came back negative. A short time after the holiday, she used an at home pregnancy test, and it came back positive. Her GP then administered a test to confirm that she was pregnant. Her fertile window, "time of ovulation," which she had been tracking using at-home hormone based fertility testing, was expected to fall within the dates of her holiday.
I felt some suspicion about the way she seemed to become pregnant while on holiday (for obvious reasons). I later got a DNA test to check paternity, and it showed that I am Lily's father. Also, it is my opinion that Lily bears some resemblance to myself and others among my blood relatives. I do not currently doubt that I am Lily's father, although I did doubt it in the past.
Given that Amanda seemed to fall pregnant during this holiday and that DNA testing has confirmed that I am Lily's father, I suspect that she may have received treatment for IVF while away on holiday. She said that she was going "up north" for her holiday, but she could have quite easily gone anywhere in New Zealand for her holiday.
According to health.govt.nz, there are seven fertility clinics in New Zealand that provide treatment for IVF (three in Auckland, one in Waikato, one in Wellington, one in Christchurch, and one in Dunedin). Amanda could have received treatment for IVF at any one of these clinics while on holiday.
What I want to find out is, have there been any donations made that resulted in a birth at any of these seven clinics (or any other clinics where IVF can take place) where the donor was David Solt, the offspring is Lily Solt, and the guardian is Amanda Solt?
Can you help me?
I would like to gain access to the information for which I am looking.
Can you help me to requisition the information I want/need from the seven fertility clinics in New Zealand where IVF can take place (and/or any other clinics where she may have received IVF)?
Donor:
David Solt, of 17 Princeton Road, Raumati Beach, Paraparaumu, born in Wellington.
Offspring:
Lily Emily Natalie Solt (my daughter), born 26th December, at 1:00 am, Wellington.
Guardian:
Amanda Kathleen-Louise Solt, 17 Princeton Road.
Kind regards,
David Solt
Ps: I am hoping to get an ancestry DNA test for both Lily and myself so that I may be able to infer from these tests what her ancestral origins are.
From: bdm nz <bdm.nz@dia.govt.nz>
Sent: Saturday, 29 April 2023 2:29 pm
To: DavidSolt@hotmail.com <DavidSolt@hotmail.com>
Subject: FW: Reporting a possible crime (CID:xycywkkwcnllnbnykk)
Kia ora
Thank you for your email.
Fertility clinics will continue to hold information about people who use their services, and it may be possible to obtain donor/offspring information from the clinic that carried out the original treatment.
Births, Deaths and Marriages will provide a single point for collecting and providing access to information on donors and donor offspring relating to donations made prior to 22 August 2005. Fertility clinics will not be providing Births, Deaths and Marriage with any information relating to these births.
For donations made prior to 22 August 2005, donors and offspring (or guardians of offspring under 18) can provide their personal details as well as information relating to their:
· Physical attributes;
· Medical history;
· Ethnicity and cultural affiliation;
· And, if the donor is Maori, the donor's whanau, hapu and iwi.
For donations made on or after 22 August 2005 that result in a birth, fertility clinics will provide to Births, Deaths and Marriages:
· The donor's name, address and date and place of birth;
· The offspring's name, gender and date and place of birth;
· And the guardian's name and address.
Some of this information may be restricted by the individual concerned.
Nāku noa nā
Jessie Dromgool
Life Identity Services Officer | Āpiha Ratonga Tuakiri Ora | Births, Deaths and Marriages Office
NZ: 0800 22 52 52 | Outside NZ: +64 9 339 0852
Mon to Fri 9:00am – 5:30pm
Department of Internal Affairs Te Tari Taiwhenua
-----Original Message-----
From: DIA Info [mailto:info@dia.govt.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, 26 April 2023 9:44:44 AM
To: David Solt
Cc: bdm nz
Subject: Reporting a possible crime
Kia ora
You have emailed the general inbox for the Department of Internal Affairs, we have forwarded your email onto the Births, Deaths and Marriages (bdm.nz@dia.govt.nz) for response.
Ngā mihi
Peaj
Service Advice & Support Team
Te Tari Taiwhenua - Department of Internal Affairs
Kia Ora David
Thank you for that.
Just to let you know that your application has been received and have been actioned.
Letters confirming the results will be sent via post today.
Nga Mihi
Louise | Life and Identity Services Officer | Āpiha Ratonga Tuakiri Ora
Births, Deaths, Marriages
The Department of Internal Affairs Te Tari Taiwhenua
Phone: 0800 22 52 52 | PO Box 10526, Wellington 6143 New Zealand
*******
*******
Hi HART Team
I would like to discuss a matter of fertility fraud. The issues are that Amanda Ward/Solt engaged in fertility fraud against me using my sperm and an egg taken from one of her closest friends. That is, she went and got IVF using my sperm and a donor egg without my knowledge or consent shortly before splitting up with me. I now have child support payments to make, and I don’t have custody. And I had expensive legal fees as well. My daughter’s name is Lily. She was born on the 19th of December, 2022.
Can you help me?
I already have some evidence and I want more.
I have DNA proof to show that I am Lily’s father. And I have photographs showing that Amanda’s friend is Lily’s genetic mother (that is I have compared and contrasted photos of Amanda, my daughter, and Amanda’s close friend - Lily clearly resembles Brynn, but not Amanda). And I note that my daughter was conceived when Amanda was out of town (according to ovulation tracking by means of test strips and charting). But I need some “hard” paper evidence to be able to sort things out. I think that Amanda may have used the services of a “fertility associates” clinic here in New Zealand. Amanda also used makeup on Lily's face to disguise her appearance when I first met Lily. She has also used hair dye.
Can you help me?
If so, please call me on 022 3789007 or email me back at this account. I would love to have a conversation with you over the phone. I got your email address from Reine at the call centre. There is a lot more to this story. A lot more (including stalking, harassment and one assault). I would like to talk about it with you. And I absolutely need access to this paperwork that I know you have on your system. But the important thing is that I talk to you.
Thanks,
David Solt
Ps: Amanda’s close friend’s name is “Brynn Huso”. She is in her mid-to-late thirties and is a resident of the Kapiti Coast. They went to College together.
PPS: I have attached two birth certificates, one picture of Lily, one picture of Brynn Huso, one picture of Amanda, and one of myself. I have also attached DNA test results.
******
******
Kia ora David
Thank you for getting in touch with the HART team and for outlining your concerns. We understand that the situation you describe is stressful and complex, and we appreciate the information you have provided.
We have checked the HART Register based on the details you supplied. As advised in May 2023, there are no records for you, for Lily, or for the other individuals named.
This means we do not hold any information relating to an IVF treatment, donor gametes, or associated clinic procedures involving the people you have identified.
The HART Register records information only when a legally recognised donor donates sperm or eggs through a fertility clinic in New Zealand, and the clinic is required under the Human Assisted Reproductive Technology Act to report that information. If no treatment occurred through a fertility clinic in a way that triggers these reporting obligations, we would not have any records and are unable to supply any documentation.
You may wish to seek support from the New Zealand Police regarding any concerns about fraud, harassment, or assault, and independent legal advice from a lawyer or Community Law for advice on parentage, custody, or family court matters.
Ngā mihi,
Julia Watkins
Āpiha Ratonga Tuakiri Ora - Life Identity Services Officer
Mauri O Te Tangata – Services & Access
Regulatory and Identity Services
The Department of Internal Affairs - Te Tari Taiwhenua
7 Waterloo Quay | PO Box 10526, Wellington 6143, New Zealand | www.dia.govt.nz
Comments
Post a Comment