Steak at the Tinakori Bistro
Steak at the Tinakori Bistro
The nicest steak I ever had was at the Tinakori Bistro. It was with Lesley and Shane. And Amanda.
It was a beef eye fillet (filet mignon) with béarnaise sauce.
Most of the time I am actually really happy with things like home cooked lamb chops and rice or schnitzel and mashed potatoes or golden roast potatoes and chicken. But that French cooking stuff can actually be really nice. And it does make a difference.
Tinakori Bistro is one of the better places in Wellington. Or it was one of the better French kitchens in Wellington for a long, long time.
I wouldn't mind visiting a few more places like that someday. Not too often though! It's wasteful and expensive.
I also always meant to learn to cook a good béarnaise sauce.
I could cook a perfectly nice scotch fillet (medium rare) and top it with a a nice mushroom sauce (made with nutmeg, garlic and shallots). But I never got around to cooking a good béarnaise sauce.
I think that it was Char grilled beef fillet, gravy and bearnaise sauce, mashed potatoes. For $28.50 back in 2007ish.
Comments
Post a Comment