Does China execute people for torture?

Does China execute people for the crime of torture?

Yes, Chinese criminal law allows for the death penalty if torture results in severe disability or death.
While the baseline punishment for crimes like "extorting a confession by torture" or "physical abuse of inmates" by law enforcement is typically up to three years of imprisonment, Chinese law applies heavier aggregating charges if the acts are severe. Under Articles 234 and 247 of the Criminal Law of the People's Republic of China, if torture or forced extortion of confessions leads to severe injury, permanent disability, or death, the crime is reclassified as intentional injury or intentional homicide. These upgraded charges carry penalties up to life imprisonment or the death penalty.

**

Am I essentially a prisoner?

Are you trying to force me to say things?

Are you trying to extort statements out of me?

Have I suffered severe disability?

Have I suffered severe injury?

Have I been tortured for the past 18 months by this syndicate in such a manner that I have suffered greatly and become severely disabled?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start here - Table of contents

Reposting the page drop box of garbage v3: edited

Faraday Barn