Additional Information: Boxing and being “spring loaded”


Boxing and being “spring loaded”


There is another story line that I should probably discuss.

Which is that the habits I picked up in boxing at the age of 15/16/17 had an effect on my posture and the patterns of tension in my body. It has an effect on posture and patterns of tension to do that sort of stuff.

And you jump rope a lot, and bounce around a lot in stance on the balls of your feet, and this connects in with the tensions and tone in your stance. And there are a lot of push ups and sit-ups, and plenty of bag work.

And because of that, the whole body is "spring loaded".

I trained in shadow boxing and moving around in stance, so that my stance was alway spring loaded and connected in with my punches. I did more shadow boxing than bag work. Much more. And so much jump rope.

And that there may have been some significant interactions between that situation of being spring loaded and having those patterns of tension in my body, and the stuff they did to attack my posture and back starting at the age of 18. There may have been some significant connections and interactions between the patterns of tone and tension put into me by boxing and boxing training and the attacks made upon my body and posture electronically, especially in Europe in 2006/2007 on the trip with my mother.

The effect of those attacks may have been different than expected in other people.

And I might need to add that to my story sometime. And I might need to point out that these people spaz when I do that.

Also, the fact that I had somewhat tight shoulders in childhood may be a worthwhile snippet of information too. That doesn’t impact upon health. But it feeds a smidge into how your posture is in my teens when I get into boxing. In normal circumstances it doesn’t matter. But for a boxer who trained his stance into himself very hard, it might matter. My stance and stance training was fundamental. And I relied on my stance, as a whole unit for my power and capacity to pinch and block. I trained my stance quite a bit! I trained stance, movement, footing (footwork) and shadow boxing altogether. And I was a big fan of jump rope. I trained a bit. So this is in fact part of my story. Even though people try to say that it is not!

But still the main issue is that my mother destroyed my health when I went over to Europe in 2006/2007. This is in my life story.

****
****

When I was young...

And a computer game geek (I loved computer games, they were my favourite hobby/pastime/obsession).

As a child of about 9, I once said to myself, "I like rugby at lunch times, and I like it even more than video games". I said that rugby is more fun than video games. Now this only lasted about a week. And I returned to preferring video games. But for a massive computer game player, that's pretty good going.

The point is that I was very much a video game guy who loved reading, and saw himself as more defined by his high levels of natural intelligence. But for a brief moment I was like, nah, I prefer playing rugby. I wish I could play that after school for a bit, rather than video games. I thought it would be more fun to play rugby after school than video games.

So I was definitely a video game geek and stuff like that, but I liked the other stuff too. And I liked casual games of things like rugby, hockey, bullrush and so on.

I'm putting this in here just so that it's harder for the computer system to lie about my childhood.

I was healthy, active and capable as a child. And I enjoyed things like rugby, bullrush and other games at lunch time. I enjoyed climbing trees and going to then swimming pools. I was not (as they said, a “cripple gimp”). And that’s the relevant paragraph right there.

I might just do a better (full) childhood story later. And don’t forget… I might have had a week or two where I said “rugby is my favourite fun thing to do” but the previous 50 weeks I would have said that I like video games, books or climbing trees. And sometimes I would have said I like going swimming, or going to pools where they have good water slides. And maybe playing rugby at lunchtime was bumped down to two or three on the list. I was nine!

**

I liked bullrush and “fake American football” as well, along with rugby. And we even tried to come up with plays on paper that we could use. Don’t forget: we were kids of about 8-12.


****
****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start here - Table of contents

Reposting the page drop box of garbage v3: edited

Faraday Barn