New Zealand Parliament

 









Line both the left and right walls of this room with boxes full of crushed cans. And do the same for all offices in parliament. Cover the boxes with cloth, or maybe just tape them together and put up something like corkboards or posters and stuff. I’m not sure if cloth is too unattractive or maybe it is a security issue.






Re communism and cell tower stuff. The moral of the story is that whatever you do, don’t trust French engineering. Trust the English. The English are just better at it.

They screwed up the toilets and plumbing in Vietnam, and blamed the locals (with significant long term repercussions). They screwed up the social engineering in the Congo, they screwed up the maginot line because they didn’t trim enough foliage and didn’t want to offend the Belgians by extending the wall properly behind them. And they lost the air war over France too. Battle of Britain: England won just enough to survive, and eventually gained air supremacy by swift and creative engineering, including both the invention of radar and the wooden mosquito. Jet technology of the Nazis was too slow to market. And Britain blockaded Germany to prevent food while Germany starved. Britain fought a losing and retreating war on two (or more) fronts and coped. Why did they win in the end? Patience and vastly superior economic heft of the allies. As well as access to oil and shipping. They controlled oil. And they controlled the sues canal. Why did they win the suez? They just plain had more tanks, and supplies for the tanks. Montgomery was good too, but he just had more guys. And in the end, the economy might of the allies won out. For better or for worse. And don’t forget that pol pot became a communist in France, and his social engineering was a clusterfuck. Algeria was pretty unpleasant. And also don’t forget the rainbow warrior. Anyway, the French weren’t good engineers in general. Compared to the English.

See also: The 2014 Oversized Train Blunder, The Malpasset Dam Collapse (1959), Mont Blanc Tunnel Safety Flaws (1999).

[The 2014 Oversized Train Blunder

The Mistake: SNCF and RFF ordered 341 new regional trains based on digital specifications, but engineers failed to physically measure the actual platform clearances at older stations.

The Impact: Nearly 1,300 station platforms across France were a few centimeters too narrow, requiring a costly retrofitting fix totaling roughly $68 million (€50 million).]

Especially the first one!! Especially the first one! How do you not MEASURE THE TRAIN PLATFORMS.

Added: Frenchmen from Belgium: the natives ignore us, chop off their hands!! And nowadays, if the system which has a lot of French roots is being pushed, and the locals ignore them like in Burkina Faso maybe, they just say CHOP OFF THEIR BRAINS.

/humour

Sorry, I want to spread blame around haha. And so I blame America, I blame China, I blame Oxbridge and Harvard and liberal elites in America. And I suppose France and Belgium. And I probably think I’m funnier than I am. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start here - Table of contents

Reposting the page drop box of garbage v3: edited

Faraday Barn