Life Story: Parts 5, 6 and 7, notes
Life Story: Parts 5, 6 and 7, notes
Started writing on the 23rd of May
Note: there is so much stuff to mention still:
Bruce Campbell pacing
Alexander technique
Bowen therapy
Butekyo technique
Constipation, digestion and fibre: always trying to improve digestion. Loading up on five and never feeling better. Actually feeling worse.
Libertarianism
Vanuatu
Self education
Grandparents visit
Cold shower therapy 4 health
Massage
Driving
Gluten
Cooking as a pastime
Gaming as a pastime
Relationship with family
Asking Christian prayer meetings to pray for me
Asking the elders to pray for me
The freemasons book, and praying through that one, breaking generational curses, lent to me by Geoff orchard
Visiting my mother, twice iirc, in Christchurch
Stan Rolston was one of the guys who preached at the front of the church. So was Geoff.
Bruce Scott was also one of the guys who preached at the front of the church.
They were all elders.
Bruce Scott preached more than the other ones. Stan got stage fright and so preached less than Geoff or Bruce. Geoff got more into preaching over time. Bruce used to do about half of the preaching, before there was a church split. We also had a lot of guest preachers.
Stan Rolston was the guy who came to do a pastoral care visit in 2013 (iirc) when I was very sick. I at the time had felt that I was in serious decline (terminal? Was what I imagined it almost could be.). And he didn’t help me. He was also at the elders prayer meeting I have yet to write about. Oh wait, that’s in a link. And he was the guy who baptised me.
I trusted him, and he was my favourite elder.
I also spoke to him in 2023. In a phone call. To ask for help. I had no contacts in all of the world.
I spoke also to Brett Walker asking for assistance. He is a pastor for 20-30 years.
And I spoke to Mike Hocking asking for help (he is awful). Also a long term pastor.
None of them were any good.
And many more things…
**
And then after 2009-2011, things get worse. Yes, you heard me, things get worse after 2009-2011. Lots more stuff happens.
I have massive problems with my back in 2012 and 2013.
And massive problems with my digestion in 2012 and 2013.
Things get much, much worse.
I basically give up on doctors. They only ever cause me harm, pretty much.
I move house.
My mother gives me bad advice. Stuff like that.
**
Future stuff
I saw a lot of doctors, physiotherapists, counsellors over the years. I also asked for a lot of help and advice from family.
I also saw two counsellors in the lead up to the thing that happened in 2017.
And I asked my brother for advice, or at least talked to him about my health problems back in the year or two prior to what happened in 2017.
The doctors weren’t helpful. They actually tried to push me towards mental health services. And so I stopped trusting doctors after that. But that’s a story to tell another day. The story is from 2013. After that, I decided never to see another doctor again. They just don’t believe that I’m sick, and they don’t help me. And they were trying to get me plugged into mental health services.
They acted like I was psychosomatic. My opinion is that they wanted me institutionalised or under conservatorship and heavily drugged. And so I never went back. My father also pushed the “mental health angle”, and he issues a veiled threat that I think referred to my being institutionalised. But as always, there is so much still to write.
Speaking of people I saw, I saw two counsellors in about 2016/2017.
I saw a Christian counsellor in 2016. His name was Derek Borland.
I saw a secular therapist as well. Her name was Jane Webley. She may have been a little bit religious. But I don’t know! I’m sorry, I can’t remember. She didn’t seem to be terribly anti religious anyway.
I saw Derek Borland in late 2016 and early 2017.
And Jayne Webley in 2017.
Derek Borland is a Christian counsellor and Jayne Webley is a transactional analyst.
Derek Borland was certified and trained in "Christian counselling". MNZCCA stands for Member of the New Zealand Christian Counsellors Association. I think that he was actually on the board for the nzcca.
I specifically wanted a Christian councillor.
****
****
Then talk about all of the religious stuff, and more importantly talking to church people to get advice and guidance. And the fact that I was always praying, and asking for miraculous healing.
Then alllllll of the notes.
Including a lot of stuff about pastimes and what I did out of personal interest over that period of three years. Including reading, self education, video games, learning to cook. And a few other things.
This stuff is important.
Find the comment about driving lessons too.
Comments
Post a Comment