Jo Dacombe
Jo Dacombe
Just a quick email chain with Jo Dacombe, formerly married to Lloyd Dacombe. I think they got divorced, but I haven’t confirmed it.
Jo Dacombe was a deacon and Lloyd was an elder.
The emails are in reverse order.
***
Saturday 7/3/2009
Hi Joanne
I realised that I'd probably be a little bit late to get into the newsletter.
Thanks for referring me to the the prayer group. I'll send them an email soon.
It's wonderful to hear that your MS was healed! I'm hoping and praying for something similar for me.
Thanks,
David Solt
***
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 23:12:54 +1300
From: dacombe@paradise.net.nz
Subject: RE: Prayer requests in church newsletters
To: davidsolt@hotmail.com
Dear David
It’s been a busy week and I actually did the newsletter early this week. I will put in your prayer request next week though.
Will be thinking of you and Amanda. Must have been very difficult juggling varsity and CFS – I can sort of relate as I used to have MS. I had the elders of the church pray over me and I haven’t had it again (and that was over 18 years ago!). You might want to flick an email to Mike & Jane Kent (or I can do on your behalf if you like) asking the 10am church prayer group to pray for your health when they meet as a prayer powerhouse on Wednesday (you don’t need to be there they just pray for people, ministries and anything else God lays on their heart) Their email addy is mikekent@paradise.net.nz
Sorry my husband and son clogged up our phone line using the internet while I was doing the Men’s and Women’s Easter flyers.
God bless…..Joanne
***
From: David Solt [mailto:davidsolt@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, 6 March 2009 8:12 p.m.
To: dacombe@paradise.net.nz
Subject: RE: Prayer requests in church newsletters
Hi Jo
I hope this isn't too late.
I have been ill for the past two years with cfs (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), which has made university difficult.
I was supposed to be starting this term at the start of this week, but due to a recent illness (on top of the cfs), I have now missed the first week of university.
If possible, could you put a note in the section of the printed church notices for "people to pray for" asking people to pray that I can recover enough to attend university very soon.
Thanks,
David Solt
*****
*****
Example of a church newsletter
****
****
Jo Dacombe
I talked to Jo Dacombe about my CFS, and she said that she had had multiple sclerosis and been healed by God after the elders of a previous church had prayed for her. The progression of it had “stalled”. And yeah. So that is her thing.
I think that multiple sclerosis was just a metaphor. And that she was badly damaged by the cell towers and so on. Her symptoms match that better than multiple sclerosis.
Also, she and her husband started a thing, a healing rooms? As a ministry. This is where they pray for people.
I think that she and he divorced, but idk.
She used to drive me to church.
Her husband was at the morning elder’s meeting when I asked the elders to pray for me.
**
She used to work at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, and she now works for Autism NZ.
Here is her profile on the Autism NZ website
She is actually the sort of person I went to for advice and help, because she was one of the deacons/elders wives, and quite a prominent person in the church. She was also responsible for the newsletter.
***
If you want to know more about her, then you can look her up on LinkedIn.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/joanne-dacombe-8256b167?originalSubdomain=nz
**
And here are some screenshots from her LinkedIn. Just in case they block it.
****
****
.








Comments
Post a Comment