History re: Scott
General history re: Scott and CoQ10.
I've heard of CoQ10, but hadn't seen such a convincing case for it though. I will try taking a large dose of it daily (100mg) as recommended in the article. It really does sound VERY promising. I just need to find a cheap source of it first.
Thank you very much, though I have had a lot of advice before, this is among the better advice!
And btw, I knew of that website when I was working out a lot more before I was ill anyway - it's a decent enough source of information.
Thanks,
David
> Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:01:48 +1200
> Subject: Re: The title of that book you were vaguely interested in..
> From: celapram@gmail.com
> To: davidsolt@hotmail.com
>
> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for the book info, will try to get some time to look into them.
> Yeah man, church on the 26th sounds good, just need to make sure I
> don't get too swamped.
> Will try to remember to get those books back to you.
>
> Oh yeah, you've probably had a lot of higher quality advice on the
> topic (the following are not exactly from the most reliable source
> (don't ask...)), but apparently NADH and Co enzyme Q10 can make a
> difference:
> http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=nutrition&category=vitamins.supplements&conitem=01f999edbbbd201099edbbbd2010cfe793cd____
>
> http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=nutrition&category=vitamins.supplements&conitem=fcb48d950c2fb010VgnVCM200000cee793cd____&page=3
>
> Cheers
>
> Scott
>
>
>
>
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 9:04 PM, David Solt<davidsolt@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Scott
> >
> >
> > The title of the book you expressed some interest in is: "Secrets of Mental
> > Math" by Arthur Benjamin and Michael Shermer.
> >
> > I've also attached "Economics for Real People" by Gene Callahan and a link
> > to "Human Action" by Ludwig von Mises, if you're interested in some light
> > (and not so light) reading on the Austrian school of economics (definitely
> > worth it, assuming you're trying to get an education as well as a degree!).
> >
> > I'm also looking forward to having you around to visit for lunch (and
> > church?) on the 26th.
> >
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > David
> >
> >
> >
> > http://mises.org/resources/3250
General history, buckwheat groats, buckwheat porridge (often called kasha).
Glad the groats were ok, if you just soak them they are a pretty easy breakfast. I always found they have a slightly nutty flavour, but you are right, they would be seriously bland without something else with them.
Ended up actually getting a knife block with a victronix set off amazon (that had the pairing knife, the chef's knife, a slightly smaller chef's knife, a steel, a serrated knife and scissors. Pretty stoked with the set so far, I am actually yet to use the steel but they are still seriously sharp. Thanks again for the advice
On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 6:02 PM, David Solt <davidsolt@hotmail.com> wrote:
We're all over the cold now, except Amanda's a little bit off, but that may just be the last dregs of winter.
I got the groats, and I've had them boiled one morning, and soaked (with yoghurt and bananas) this morning. Both were quite nice. Buckwheat is rather filling stuff, if a little bland. It may end up being my regular breakfast, if for no other reason that it is so easy.
What sort of knife block set did you get?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:06:20 -0700
Subject: Re: Thanks
From: celapram@gmail.com
Haha, don't worry about it.
Thanks for the advice, I think I am complying with it reasonably well. I am using the bamboo chopping board you recommended and splashed out on a knife block. However, I am still working on mastering your last point "Don't ever cut in such a way that your other hand may come into the path of the knife!"
Great to hear you have recovered from the cold, how is the rest of the house doing?
I typically got buckwheat groats (usually those that had been roasted, they have a slightly nuttier flavour) from commonsense organics. You can get buckwheat flakes which are much easier to make porridge from (you can just cook them in the microwave like ordinary rolled oats), however at commonsense organics these were often obscenely priced.
To make porridge from the groats you could boil/simmer them for around half an hour (http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/buckwheat_cereal). However, I usually would just soak them in water in the fridge over night to soften them, drain off the water, then add yoghurt and fruit.
Scott
On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:35 PM, David Solt <davidsolt@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Scott
I had meant to email you before you managed to cut yourself.
Some advice:
To keep it sharp:
- Use your knife only on a wooden or plastic chopping board - any ceramic, steel or other hard surface will blunt the edge almost instantly
- Hand wash knives to avoid them clinking against other cutlery in the dishwasher
- Don't store knives rattling around with other cutlery in a drawer
To keep your fingers:
- Don't ever cut in such a way that your other hand may come into the path of the knife!
Instead of reading a book on knife skills, I found about 12 minutes of videos on youtube that will tell you almost all you need to know (Video 1,2&3).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAIeAweFUBA&playnext=1&list=PLE880C6A26B6B6077
Life in NZ is much the same. It's warming up slowly and I'm over the cold I had caught.
What sort of buckwheat do you get? And how do you make porridge with it?
-David
Ps: I expect you may be busy having recently arrived, so I do not expect a prompt reply.
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 22:03:53 -0700
Subject: Thanks
From: celapram@gmail.com
Hi David,
Those victronix knives arrived at my place in LA, they are great! Thanks for the advice. I have managed to only accidentally cut myself with them once.
How are things back in NZ?
Scott
Extra info: I think I might have had 100 or more emails back and forth with Scott in my inbox. He was perhaps the one and only friend I made in university? Ambika was the other one, but I’m not sure that quite counts given that she was a student not a friend. And that I didn’t know her all that well.
Comments
Post a Comment